Total private label beverage sales surpassed $7 billion as of July 31, per exclusive data from NielsenIQ, up 2.3% compared with a year ago — and that data excludes convenience stores, a major retail channel for single-serve beverages and more.
Early confirmed speakers for the beverages forum include:
- Brandon Wehmeyer, director of private brands, Boxed;
- Erin Butler, private brands business manager, Casey’s;
- Darla Rieg, director of DSD, beer & wine, and ethnic, The Giant Company;
- Julie Joy, director of beer, wine, spirits, Rouses Market;
- Kevin Smartt, CEO, TXB;
- Dale Johnson, senior director DMM of grocery, perishables, household, pet/home essentials and tobacco at Walgreens.
The panelists above will sit on one of four panels covering four segments of beverages: coffee and tea, dairy, nonalcoholic beverages, and alcohol. Each panel will be moderated by Dan Ochwat, executive editor, Store Brands, addressing unique challenges facing the four segments and uncovering innovations within each.
And the category has been on fire. Retailers like Casey's have been active in the category, leaning into beverage as part of its own brand overhaul; TXB, formerly Kwik Chek, also underwent a rebranding initiative; Albertsons backed its Soleil brand with an innovative summer launch campaign, and CVS has taken a lead in sustainable own brand coffee, for a just a few examples.