Getting ready for the summer, Big Lots has launched its largest-ever lawn and garden assortment, designating more than 900 sq. ft. to more than 1,200 outdoor furniture pieces and accessories in stores, including its Broyhill exclusive line and Real Living private brand line.
The discount store said the expansion is in part due to growth it has seen in the category, particularly with more people entertaining at home.
"We're pleased to launch our lawn and garden collection that brings the latest trends in outdoor and patio furniture, décor items, and accessories to our customers' backyards, all while keeping with the value and quality they have come to know and look for when shopping at Big Lots," said Steve Rogers, vice president, seasonal, Big Lots. "This year's product collection includes popular color palettes and patterns, novelty items with fun, quirky sayings, outdoor entertaining pieces like soft and hard top gazebos, and unique furniture pieces like a bar set fashioned after wine barrels. Like last year, we're expecting consumers to spend more time at home, in their backyards and looking for pieces that will elevate their outdoor space. Our latest product collection will meet the needs of those customers and allow them to create their dream outdoor oasis with quality pieces that won't break the bank."
Some trends being featured among its own brands include:
- Seating sets — from larger sectional lounge sets to smaller love seats, the seats range in materials like resin wicker and come in an assortment of outdoor fabrics and designs. Some Broyhill and Real Living sets being called out are the Broyhill Ashford Seating Set ($1399.99), Real Living Oakmont Gray Cushioned Patio Seating Set ($749.99) or the five-piece Broyhill Legacy Castle Pines Patio Seating Set ($1,599.99).
- Dining sets — items include sets with tables and chairs that accompany eight people to tow-top table and chair sets. Materials come in different finishes and materials and own brands of note include the Broyhill Legacy Thornwood 7-Piece Patio High Dining Fire Pit Table Set ($1,299.99) and the Real Living Wine Barrel Patio Bar and Barstools Set ($599.99).
- Gazebos — Hard top gazebos and umbrellas for shade are offered, including the Broyhill Legacy Thornwood Hard Top Pavilion Gazebo ($1,399.99) and solar offset umbrellas like the 15' Legion Triple Vent Umbrella ($189.99).
- Fire pits — Big Lots offers a range of outdoor fire pits including outdoor wood burning fireplaces like the Real Living Clearlane Wood Burning Fireplace ($499.99), propane fire pits, and even tables and dining sets with a built-in fire pit like the Real Living Lynbrook Square Gas Firepit ($499.99).
- Patio cushions, rugs and accessories — Looking to style the patio in a variety of ways and materials, shoppers can grab accent pillows like the the Broyhill Gray and Ivory Ikat Lumbar Throw Pillow ($16.00) as well as look at a range of string lights, plant stands, outdoor rugs, serving bowls and more.
The Columbus, Ohio-based retailer operates 1,410 stores in 47 states and had a very successful 2020, reporting annual same-store sales up 16.1%.