Trilliant Food & Nutrition, a producer of coffee pods, bagged coffee and drink mix sticks for private label and branded lines, has introduced a new single-serve solution to the coffee and hot cocoa experience.
The product is Café Caps, a single-serve amount of coffee or cocoa that is topped with a cap filled with flavorful toppings. The company has rolled out three flavors for each of the coffee and hot cocoa branded lines.
While the Little Chute, Wis.-based company produces a range of products for private label, Zac McAuley, senior brand manager at Trilliant told Store Brands the items aren’t available for private label yet. “We do produce many private label products, but at this time, Café Caps is not in scope for this or next year — not to say that couldn’t change, but for the time being, is the current plan,” he said.
The branded product launches in September. The Café Caps Coffee Creations line comes in three flavors, each in its own six pack, all made with 100% Arabica coffee and a cap of toppings:
- a vanilla cinnamon cap filled with a blend of cream, cinnamon, and bits of vanilla;
- a chocolate hazelnut cap filled with a blend of cream, cocoa, and bits of chocolate;
- and a mocha spice cap filled with a blend of cream, cocoa, a hint of ground cayenne, and bits of chocolate.
The Café Caps Hot Cocoa Creations come with a hot drink mix, each in its own six pack, all with a cap of toppings:
- a classic milk chocolate hot cocoa cap is filled with a generous portion of mini marshmallows;
- a S’mores hot cocoa cap is filled with mini chocolate chips and marshmallows;
- and a Birthday cake hot drink mix cap is filled with mini marshmallows and sprinkles.
“The coffee and cocoa categories are ripe for innovation,” said Adam Hobler, Trilliant’s director of marketing. “During the pandemic, we learned that nearly one-third of consumers were trying to recreate their café latte at home. We saw this as an opportunity to bring an intuitive innovation platform that has seen success in other categories to the single serve cup category. Café Caps bring the café to your kitchen, and our research indicates it will be an incremental consumption occasion to consumers’ daily cup of coffee."