Among the developments around private label are:
- The 7-Select brand of cold-pressed, organic juice drinks, introduced in late 2018, is appealing to a new, younger customer base;
- Its Voyager Point proprietary wine won an award from the Private Label Manufacturers Association, and its new Roamer portable wine in a can (available in rose, riesling and chardonnay varieties) is selling very well;
- New candy and snack items have been introduced under the 7-Select brand in unique flavors determined by research into consumers’ likes and wants;
- An organic private-label milk will launch in March in regular, chocolate and reduced-fat varieties;
- Also launching in March will be a super-premium bottled water from Iceland called Skyra; and
- Line and flavor extensions for the retailer’s successful Quake energy drink are in the planning phase.
For Convenience Store News’ in-depth coverage on the conference and trade show, looking at 7-Eleven’s technology initiatives, innovation in prepared foods, franchisee relations and more, read the full article here.