Florida Food Products (FFP), a manufacturer and formulator of clean label ingredients and flavor solutions, has launched a new collection of cocoa flavor offerings. The flavors are being debuted at the Professional Manufacturing Confectioners Association in Lancaster, Penn. from April 11-13.
“Our new ‘Box of Chocolates’ cocoa flavor collection has been an exciting endeavor now that Comax Flavors is a part of FFP,” said Shellie Kramer, senior marketing manager at FFP. “New product launches with chocolate and cocoa flavors continue to grow as many consumers seek nostalgic flavors in their food and beverages for a taste of comfort and indulgence. We can’t think of a more noteworthy place to share this new collection of chocolatey cocoa flavors with the industry than the Diamond Anniversary PMCA Conference.”
FFP’s cocoa flavors come as Americans continue to crave sweets, with chocolate and candy sales hitting a record high in 2021. The new collection of six sweet and chocolatey natural cocoa flavors, described by FFP, include:
- White chocolate cocoa—a dairy-forward cocoa flavor with notes of sweet vanilla and creamy, buttery caramel
- Dark bitter cocoa—an intense chocolate, lightly sweet with delicate fruity and floral nuances with a slightly bitter aftertaste
- Belgian cocoa—a medium sweet, rich, buttery fudge-like character with hints of honey and malt
- Cocoa berry—a strong chocolate flavor blended with a sweet mélange of red and blue berries
- Coffee cocoa—a semi-sweet dark, nutty and fruity chocolate balanced with rich roasted coffee
- Mayan cocoa—a dark sweet cocoa accented by warm cinnamon and vanilla with undertones of honey and a touch of heat.
The new flavors are available for private label use in natural, liquid, non-GMO, allergen-free and water-soluble versions. Food manufacturers can use the ingredients in own brand chocolates and confections, baked goods, syrups, beverages, dairy products and more.
Based in Eustis, Fla., FFP has been in business for over 65 years.