ShopRite introduces gourmet and specialty foods line
More retailers are adding authentic premium lines to their own brand lines. Count ShopRite among those retailers.
The Keasbey, N.J.-based retailer, which has more than 270 stores in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania, has debuted its latest store brand, the ShopRite Trading Company. The new private brand line consists of premium, artisanal foods inspired by a variety of world cuisines and includes both imported and domestically sourced foods.
Described by the company as a mix of “inspirational, artisanal and distinctive” goods, the new line’s foods and flavors are imported from Italy, Ecuador, Spain and Greece. Additionally, other ShopRite Trading Company products are inspired by Asian, Indian, Greek, and Latin cuisines.
“We sent our ShopRite experts around the world in search of the very best ingredients and finest products,” said ShopRite Spokeswoman Karen Meleta in a press release. “The ShopRite Trading Company brand captures those culinary adventures with authentic products and recipes that bring the best of the world’s cuisines right to your home.”
The new line can be found in nearly every aisle, including frozen and dairy, and at the same low prices ShopRite customers expect, the press release stated. Nearly 40 ShopRite Trading Company products are in store now and new items are being added to the line each month.
“ShopRite Trading Company products have exceptional flavors that reflect the extraordinary places where those foods are sourced,” added Meleta. “Customers will find premium, imported products including Arugula Wood-Fired Crust Pizza and specialty desserts like Cranberry Panettone and Pandoro from Italy, Marinated Artichoke Hearts from Peru, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Greece.”
As part of the launch, certain products that were previously marketed under the ShopRite Imported, ShopRite Special Edition and Siempre Autentico private brands will also be converted to ShopRite Trading Company. In-store signage and shelf tags will inform shoppers about the new brand.
ShopRite Trading Company products are also available to customers who shop online via ShopRite’s popular ShopRite from Home service.
Here’s a sampling of ShopRite Trading Company products currently in stores:
- ShopRite Trading Company Imported from Italy Arugula Wood-Fired Crust Pizza
- ShopRite Trading Company Imported from Peru Marinated Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- ShopRite Trading Company Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- ShopRite Trading Company Tandoori Naan
- ShopRite Trading Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil from California
- ShopRite Trading Company Flatbreads Whole Grain Seeded
- ShopRite Trading Company Asian Szechuan Sauce
- ShopRite Trading Company Imported from Greece Marinated Mixed Olives
- ShopRite Trading Company Imported from Italy Novello Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ShopRite Trading Company Red Thai Style Chili Sauce
- ShopRite Trading Company Imported from Greece Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The new line joins ShopRite’s other store brands, such as its award-winning Wholesome Pantry brand, an organic and clean ingredient product line launched in 2016. ShopRite, owned by Wakefern Food Corp., has been selling products branded under its signature ShopRite label since the mid-1950s.