Petco’s flagship store brand is getting a flagship store.
Reddy, introduced in 2018 as a premium private label focused on high quality, functional and sustainable products, has just opened up as a boutique in New York City. The Reddy Soho store at 125 Prince Street in New York is fully dedicated to its own brand, featuring curated Reddy merchandise and exclusive pet-centric experiences. It’s the first purely dedicated store brand store for Petco.
The company, based in San Diego, said Reddy Soho is an urban basecamp for pets and pet parents. The store honors the private brand’s trademark colors and look and the store will be home to a broad assortment of apparel, collars, leashes, harnesses, beds, bowls, feeders and travel accessories.
The store itself is designed as an edgy boutique with a highly interactive experience to further connect the own brand with its shoppers. The boutique’s features include:
- A lounge with free Wi-Fi and, in the coming months, an adventure concierge to plan pet adventures and share a calendar of recommended monthly activities around the city;
- A fitting station for finding the perfect look and fit for the pet as well as custom services like personalized pet tags and on-site product monogramming;
- Exclusive, complimentary amenities for pets, including sanitary water stations, a “treatery” and whipped cream cups for pups;
- A JustFoodForDogs fresh nutrition station offering a range of high-quality dog foods and treats formulated to meet specific, critical nutritional needs, as well as a variety of supplements to help boost pets’ health; and
- Instagram-ready walls, a “Bark Board” for community updates and a pet polaroid wall showcasing pet visitors to the store.
Reddy SoHo is currently open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. In the coming months, Reddy SoHo will release new products exclusive to the store. Customers can also apply their Petco Pals Rewards and Petco gift cards to in-store purchases and make appointments at local Petco pet care centers for grooming, training and veterinary services. Reddy products are available at Petco pet care centers nationwide and petco.com.
“Reddy’s growth and popularity among active and trend-forward pet parents has been steady since launch,” said Nick Konat, Petco’s chief merchandising officer. “And it’s only accelerated over the last 18-plus months as millions of pet parents are exploring outdoor activities and taking their pets with them wherever they go. This first-of-its-kind boutique will continue fueling that exploration by giving New York City pet parents a hub to bond, recharge and find the latest must-have gear to style their best lives together."
Petco’s Reddy store brand products are designed with clever, functional solutions and innovative fabrications paired with intuitive details, the company said. The brand regularly unveils new innovations, like the launch of PrimaLoft jackets and vests, featuring a first-of-its-kind technology for pets that offers a water-resistant, reflective fabric and premium, lightweight insulation to help keep them dry and warm during the colder months. Reddy products are also popular because they are made of durable, sustainable materials, with 90% of the portfolio created with recycled content such as plastic bottles.