Pet retail giant Petco is unifying its Pals Rewards program members under its Vital Care program to “deliver value and drive loyalty,” while expanding the program that launched last year.
Current members of Petco’s Pals Rewards program, which was first launched in 1997 as the first loyalty program of its kind at a national pet retailer, will be automatically transitioned to the free Vital Care Core membership tier. Members of Petco’s existing Vital Care paid program will become Vital Care Premier members. All 24 million+ members will retain the same benefits and paid members will pay the same fee.
"Building on the strength of our existing two membership offerings, by bringing them together under Vital Care, we’re making it even easier for customers to understand and maximize the program offerings to provide their pets with the best possible care and get the most value from Petco,” said Jenny Wolski, senior vice president of Omnichannel Customer Experience at Petco. “Pet parents are looking for seamless, one-stop shopping and personalized advice on how to support their pets’ health and wellness, and a Vital Care membership gives them all of that and more – including exclusive savings on products and services across our differentiated omnichannel ecosystem, which no other membership offers.”
Benefits of Petco’s Vital Care membership offerings include:
Vital Care Core
- Earning points on every purchase, from wellness services to products.
- Unlocking nutrition and grooming perks, including getting a 10th bag of dry dog or cat food for free and an eighth groom for free, making it easier to provide pets with routine care.
- Managing pets’ health and wellness with tools and resources like a membership dashboard on petco.com and in the Petco app that helps pet parents stay up to date with their pets’ care plan, as well as a monthly wellness checklist.
Vital Care Premier
- Upgrading to the paid tier helps customers save and make the most of every health and wellness resource Petco offers, from skilled groomers, compassionate veterinarians and knowledgeable associates, to extended rewards expiration on nutrition and supplies.
- Selecting a tailored plan based on pet type:
- Cats and Dogs: $19.99 per month for one animal. Pet parents receive unlimited routine vet exams at a Petco vet or vet of choice, 20% off all dog grooming sessions or cat litter purchases, 10% off high-quality nutrition without artificial ingredients** and $15 Vital Care Rewards each month.
- Companion Animals: $9.99 per month for one bird, fish, reptile or small pet. Pet parents receive 20% off nutrition and supplies, 20% off future new pet purchases and $5 Vital Care Rewards each month.
- Experiencing easy, complete care with a dedicated, exclusive member help line.
Petco offers private label and retailer-exclusive products at more than 1,500 pet care centers across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, as well as online.