Lowe's is rolling out an in-store experience dedicated to the professional home improvement and repair shopper, unveiling its The Pro Zone section that will include private brand and exclusive products.
The retailer told Store Brands that own brands and exclusives will be featured in the Pro Zone on an ongoing basis. “Pros can expect to see value-driven private label brands in the Pro Zone later this year, such as Utilitech, Project Source, Deck Plus and more. Also, our exclusive, private label Contractor Choice trash bags — a Pro staple — will always reside in the Pro Zone for added convenience,” a representative of the retailer said.
The department is a departure from home retailers generally targeting the do-it-yourself market, as Lowe’s aims to be the “New Home for Pros,” a $400 billion professional product market, estimated by the retailer.
“We want to make sure any time spent away from the jobsite is efficient and productive for the Pro customer, especially small- to mid-size companies,” said Fred Stokes, senior VP of pro sales and services for Lowe's. “We've enhanced our shopping experience, bringing in new products and services that help add value to each trip pros take and cut down on the number of stops they make throughout the day.”
In addition to the private label items, the pro-dedicated shopping experience will include grab-and-go products from popular brands and value packs. The department is located at the pro entrance of the stores.
• pro trailer parking, made for extended trailer parking spots;
• free phone charging stations;
• a convenience item rack with several never-before-sold items such as pain relievers, personal care items such as sun and hand care, and more;
• a dedicated pro checkout staff with sales, cashier and loading associates; and
• flexible credit options that can save professionals 5% off every day on eligible purchases plus Lowe's For Pros loyalty members can get zero percent interest for 60 days when using their Lowe's Business Advantage or extended terms when using their Lowe's commercial account.
Additional features include windshield washing stations and free air pumps.
The new shopping experience will roll out during the next year, but many stores already feature the new merchandising and convenience updates.