Food ingredient company Kemin Industries has debuted an ingredient library to its website to assist its manufacturer clients both for branded and private brand products. The library helps customers identify ideal color, freshness and safety solutions for meat and poultry, baked goods, snack and fats and oils.
The digital library showcases Kemin ingredients such as:
· Acerola — a label-friendly, multi-purpose ingredient that can be used as a cure accelerator in alternatively cured meats and even offers color protection in fresh meat products;
· Green Tea — a consumer-friendly product that can be used to maximize flavor and color retention during long-term storage in red meats and all beef/pork sausage applications;
· Rosemary — a clean label alternative to synthetics that can be used in a wide range of applications to help delay flavor and color loss;
· Propionic Acid — safe to use as a preservative and flavoring agent in various types of packaged foods, keeping products fresh while enhancing flavor;
· Dry Calcium Propionate — used in a wide variety of food products to help preserve food by interfering with the ability of molds and bacteria to reproduce;
· Buffered Vinegar — a label-friendly ingredient that can be used in all meats to enhance the safety of ready-to-eat products by controlling Listeria while maintaining taste and texture.
“Each ingredient has a dedicated page on our digital library with a summary of the ingredient’s history, sourcing, usage and areas of application,” said Courtney Schwartz, marketing director, Kemin Food Technologies, Des Moines, Iowa. “Now, the industry can easily access our ingredient library and find out more about how our range of oxidation control and food safety solutions can help products stay fresher and safer for longer.”
Customers can find the library here at the Kemin website.