GreenWise Markets grow in Florida
Publix opened its fourth and fifth Florida-based GreenWise Market stores, the healthy, natural, better-for-you store that shares the same name as its premium, organic store brand.
The latest GreenWise Markets opened in Odessa, just north of Tampa, on June 18 and another in Nocatee opened on Saturday. Another downtown Tampa location is primed for 2021.
The first health-conscious concept store opened in Tallahassee, two years ago, and now there are eight total including stores in Alabama and South Carolina. Publix is headquartered in Lakeland, Fla.
“We’re excited to share the GreenWise Market experience with a new community,” said Publix President Kevin Murphy. “As customers discover this unique experience, they’ll also find a relaxing atmosphere where they can share their love of good food with their family, friends and neighbors.”
The specialty Publix store prides itself on grab-and-go, healthy items that are locally curated. Experience zones in the store are described the retailer to have simple names like:
- Cares — vitamins, nutritional supplements, natural soaps and shampoos, and more
- Cuts — meats raised with no antibiotics or added hormones and sustainably-sourced seafood
- Eats — made to order meals and grab and go foods like handcrafted gourmet sandwiches and freshly baked pizza
- Finds — a curated selection of wines and imported cheeses
- Pours — a beverage area featuring locally roasted coffee, wine and beer on tap or other selections to enjoy while shopping or relaxing at the bar.
GreenWise shoppers have access to a GreenWise Market rewards program at the markets to receive personalized offers.