Convenience chain Circle K is entering the wine category with an array of private label options ranging in price and flavor.
Available now at more than 3,000 stores in 27 states across the U.S., Sunshine Bliss wines were crafted to “perfectly capture the essence of the California vineyards” where the brand’s grapes are grown. All of the Sunshine Bliss wines are priced under $8, and have earned praise from Tastings.com and Wine Enthusiast.
The seven new varieties in the Sunshine Bliss line are described by Circle K as follows:
- Cabernet Sauvignon – Voted Top 10 in the 2022 World Value Wine Challenge and picked as a Tastings Best Buy, it boasts notes of berries and cherry with a toasted oak finish.
- Pinot Grigio Colombard – A Tastings Best Buy, light-bodied white wine with hints of citrus fruits and green apple all leading to a crisp and refreshing finish.
- Chardonnay – Earning 89 points and a Best Buy nod from Tastings, features a bright blend of honeysuckle, lemon and green apple notes. Aged in toasted oak, Chardonnay has aromas of vanilla and oak that linger on the finish.
- Moscato – Voted Top 10 in the 2022 World Value Wine Challenge and designated a Tastings Best Buy, this sweet blend has aromas of sweet peach, pear and a hint of grapefruit that is medium-bodied with a refreshing finish.
- Pink Moscato – Awarded 90 pointsand named Best Buy by Tastings with a medium-bodied blend of sweet red berries and white peaches that lingers on the palate.
- Sweet Peach – Light bodied with aromas of fresh peaches, this Best Buy from Tastings has flavors of peaches and is bursting with flavor.
- Sweet Strawberry – This sweet Best Buy from Tastings is light bodied with aromas of fresh picked strawberries and rose wine blend.
Sunshine Bliss is available now in select stores nationwide in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.
In addition to Sunshine Bliss, Circle K is rolling out an additional lineup of six Fine Wines that offer premium blends and choice varieties. Priced between $10-25, The Fine Wines collection is currently available in more than 900 stores across 17 states and will expand more broadly this year, according to the retailer.
The six new varieties in the Fine Wines collection are described by Circle K as follows:
- Fog Lane Red Blend – Triple award-winning– voted Best Buy by Wine Enthusiast, garnering 90 points and labeled a Best Buy by Tastings– rich flavors of ripe cherries and vanilla offering a bold and long-lasting finish.
- Brick & Cole Cabernet – This cabernet offers rich flavors of blackberries and jammy fruits and a long, sweet finish.
- Pine Crest Chardonnay – Achieving 88 points and dubbed a Best Buy by Tastings, aged in toasted oak, delivers a rich and buttery mouthfeel with vibrant flavors of peach and citrus that lingers on the finish.
- Momental Pinot Noir – A Tastings Best Buy at 87 points, luxurious aromas of cherry and espresso, with a toasted oak finish and velvety texture.
- Bella Figura Pinot Grigio – Refreshing, showcases flavors of peach, honeysuckle, and citrus fruits – leading to a crisp finish that was awarded 90 Points and voted a Tastings Best Buy.
- Ivy Ridge Sauvignon Blanc – Top merits of 92 points and a Best Buy from Tastings, this vibrant wine with notes of bright lemon is from the renowned Marlborough region of New Zealand.
“Our wines are curated specifically for customers seeking both quality and convenience,” said Sophie Provencher, senior vice president of Global Merchandising at Circle K. “By expanding into this category, we are diversifying our adult beverage offering with an exclusive, exceptional wine experience for our Circle K customers at a great price point for everyday occasions.”