Amazon has officially set the date for Prime Day, running its annual deal days event on June 21 and June 22.
The event returns to the summer after being moved to October last year, helping to spur holiday shopping. It generated an estimated $10 billion in sales last year. retailer said it will be delivering more than 2 million deals across every category, including its private label brands within fashion, home, beauty, electronics and more. The deals also extend into its entertainment platform across Prime Video, Amazon Music, Prime Gaming and more. Last year’s event was held
The day dedicated to its Prime members kicks off on June 21 at midnight PDT (3 a.m. EDT) and runs through June 22 for Prime members in the U.S., the U.K., the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Spain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Brazil, Belgium, Austria, and Australia.
“Prime Day is a celebration of our Prime members, and we’re excited to bring members great deals across an incredible selection, whether members want to shop and save on top brands, buzzworthy items, or small business collections,” said Jamil Ghani, vice president of Amazon Prime. “Since we launched Prime Day in 2015, it’s delivered great new ways to shop, gift, watch movies and TV, and even dance, and we’re excited to carry on that tradition.”
Amazon said the event will enable Prime members to support small businesses and shop across Black-owned, woman-owned, military family-owned, and many more small businesses. Additionally, Amazon is running events to generate small business sales:
- Spend $10, Get $10: June 7-June 20, Amazon will offer a $10 credit to use on Prime Day to members who spend $10 on select small business products and brands based in the U.S. in Amazon’s store, including products from Amazon Handmade and Amazon Launchpad. This promotion is fully funded by Amazon to connect customers with local small businesses selling in its store. Small business promotions will also run in the U.K., Spain, Germany, Italy, France, and Japan.
- More Small Businesses Than Ever Before: This year, more than 300,000 sellers are eligible for the “Spend $10, Get $10” promotion — more than twice as many as last year — giving customers more opportunities to support small businesses.
- Earn 10% Back in Rewards: During the Spend $10, Get $10 promotion, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card and Amazon Prime Store Card holders with an eligible Prime membership will also earn 10% back in rewards on select small business purchases.
- Curated Storefront: To make it easy for customers to support small businesses this Prime Day, Amazon has curated collections to connect customers with small businesses at amazon.com/supportsmall. Customers can shop across collections, including from Black-owned, woman-owned, and military family-owned small businesses.
- Shop Small Businesses with Alexa: Echo device owners in the U.S., the U.K., and Germany can say, “Alexa, shop small business” to discover products eligible for the Spend $10, Get $10 promotion.
- Shop on Amazon Live: On Monday, June 7, customers can shop alongside Kristen Bell, Karamo Brown, and Mindy Kaling who will be joined by some of their favorite small business owners to discuss their products and inspiring stories. Throughout Prime Day, Amazon Live will spotlight exciting deals curated from small businesses across Amazon. Viewers will also have the opportunity to hear directly from business owners, learn more about their products, and shop their Prime Day deals during a recurring segment called Small Business Showcase on June 21 and June 22.
- Discover New Places, Shop Local Items with Amazon Explore: Prime members can try their first live virtual experience up to $50 for FREE from Amazon Explore with code FREEFUN. Meet baby sloths in Costa Rica, shop for gifts at a crafts studio in Florence, and learn new skills from cooking to crafts with experts around the world. Amazon Explore is a great way for customers to have fun and support local businesses with instant, on-the-spot shopping during the experience.