10 retailers win bids on Lucky's Market locations
The latest in the Lucky’s Market bankruptcy finds a range of retail companies stepping in to win bids for 23 stores and one distribution center, totaling around $29 million, per a court-supervised virtual auction.
The breakdown of the assets went as such:
- Publix Super Market Inc. won five leased stores in the Florida area for $11.5 million.
- Aldi Inc. grabbed one owned property and five leased stores in Florida for $7.8 million.
- Southeastern Grocers LLC snactched four leased stores for $2.4 million.
- Dave’s Market won a bid for two ongoing leased stores in Ohio, where it’s located, for $1.72 million.
- Seabra’s Market won a bid on a Florida leases store for $1.25 million.
- LM Acquisition Co LLC, headed by Bo Sharon, the Lucky’s Market founder, won bids on two ongoing leased stores in Colorado for $1.16 million.
- Schnuck Markets Inc. won a leased store for $860,000.
- Oryana Food Cooperative Inc. won a bid for a leased store also for $860,000.
- Hitchcock’s Market grabbed a Florida leased store for $275,000.
- Dollar General Corp. purchased a distribution center in Orlando for $1 million.
For more, see the article in sister publication Progressive Grocer.