Dollar General is expanding its beauty, skin and hair care sections at select locations with the launch of a new beauty section layout. The expansion is paired with new, exclusive product releases nationwide.
Branded as Beauty Reinvention, DG’s new layout will bring “simpler, easy-to-navigate” beauty and personal care aisles to approximately 300 stores this fiscal year. Dollar General’s first Beauty Reinvention stores launched in February, and include beauty bars to give customers a ‘treasure hunt’ experience with face masks, hair treatments, nail polish, lip gloss, bath bombs and more.
Other enhancements include increasing the skincare section by 50% and soap and shower offerings by 30%, an expanded and cohesive hair care and color section that includes new textured hair products and an overall increase in size dedicated to the beauty category.
Dollar General has also announced three new exclusive skin and hair product lines rolling out at stores nationwide starting this month, priced at $6 or less. The three collections are described by the retailer as follows:
- Joy Works:
- Joy Works believes that great sensitive skincare should be affordable and available for all and having sensitive skin shouldn’t stop you from feeling like the best version of you.
- Products include: Calming Face Mask, Fragrance Free Daily Body Lotion, Gentle Facial Cleanser, Hydrating Facial Moisturizer and Soothing Body Lotion
- Dermatologist-tested, clean, cruelty-free, dye-free, vegan friendly, gluten-free, mostly fragrance-free and infused with prebiotic and skin conditioning ingredients to help soothe sensitive skin. Joy Works bottles are also recyclable.
- Curl Rhythm:
- Curl Rhythm believes in uniting people not by the color of their skin but by their hair type. Each Curl Rhythm hair product is made with natural seed oils that penetrate the strand, building moisture and shine that is visibly different.
- Products include: Deep Moisturizing Curl Shampoo, Deep Moisturizing Curl Conditioner, Hydrating Cleansing Conditioner, Leave In Conditioner Butter, Defining Curl Cream and Jojoba Oil Curl Gel.
- Baobab seed oil, the key ingredient, provides deep moisture and shine, fortifying the strand to prevent breakage and providing anti-frizz results. Curl Rhythm is always silicone-free.
- yes! honey:
- yes! honey is specially formulated for different hair types to keep hair nourished inside and out for soft, smooth, healthy-looking hair with every wash and is made with 95% naturally derived ingredients.
- Products include: Shampoo & Conditioner for damaged hair, Silky Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner for frizzy hair and Bouncy Volume Shampoo & Conditioner for fine hair.
- Products are paraben-free, color-safe and packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic.
Dollar General’s exclusiveBelieve Beauty Skin brand, which debuted in 2021, has also added three new products including Detoxifying Clay Mask, Reviving Eye Cream, and Vitamin C Brightening Serum.
“We have been purposeful in our expansion, balancing new, fresh and trendy items with value,” said Amanda Wilson, senior beauty buyer at Dollar General. “Beauty Reinvention creates a beauty destination at DG. At DG, we are always listening to our customers, and in response we are investing in and expanding our beauty, skin and hair care offerings to meet their needs. Springtime marks an important moment to reset and refresh your self-care routine. We are excited to welcome new products that encompass the quality, performance and affordability that is expected from our brands and hope our shoppers enjoy the new experience.”
Dollar General operates more than 19,145 locations across the U.S.