Ahold banners ramp up digital offerings
Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, Martin's Food Markets and Peapod have launched a series of initiatives to strengthen their digital capabilities and optimize their e-commerce offerings, according to Ahold USA, which owns the brands.
With investments in digital coupons, new websites, mobile app improvements and a new recipe center, the brands are further improving the customer experience in the digital age, Ahold USA said in a press release.
Here are some of the milestones:
• One million new digital users (and counting) over the last year.
• More than 179 million digital coupon activations so far this year — a 179 percent increase compared to the previous year.
• New responsive brand websites, leading to 20 percent growth in web traffic over the last year.
• A 76 percent increase in monthly app users and tripling of mobile app downloads.
• Over 1 million social media followers across platforms .
The brands have improved the digital circular experience, letting customers quickly clip relevant items, browse bonus buys, add items to their shopping lists and even load coupons directly onto their loyalty cards, according to Ahold USA.