10 Lidl private brand categories draw much praise
A blogger for the Charlotte Observer, Kathleen Purvis, has identified 10 Lidl private brand lines that she thinks everyone should try:
- Bakery items, especially croissants.
- Charcuterie, notably Prosciutto di Parma and Jamon Serrano.
- Cheese such as 18-month Gouda and double-cream brie.
- Fresh meat, chicken and fish, particularly grass-fed, antibiotic-free ribeye steaks.
- Packaged nuts like truffle-flavored Marcona almonds.
- Imported chocolate candy, including white chocolate bars with crispy strawberry bits and Belgian truffle-filled sea shells.
- Cookies such as Italian Fior di Grano shortbread cookies.
- Pasta, particularly Preferred Selection penne rigate.
- Packaged foods of all types, with Preferred Selection Italian sour cherries in syrup a standout offering.
- Wine selection.